Need to get to the airport fast? In case you missed it, Uber now offers a helicopter service from downtown Manhattan to JFK airport in just 8 minutes.
For $200US, do you think it is worth the price?
Here’s what a typical trip looks like:
- Book your Uber Copter trip with the Uber app — you’ll see Copter as an option if your journey starts within the designated zone. This can be done up to five days in advance, or just 30 minutes before your flight.
- An Uber car will pick you up from your location and bring you to the Downtown Manhattan Heliport.
- At the heliport, you’ll check in and watch a 90-second safety video before boarding. “This process is intended to take as little time as possible as Uber Copter is meant to provide time savings for people to get between Lower Manhattan and JFK, and vice versa,” an Uber spokesperson told CNBC in an email.
- Embark on your eight-minute chopper ride to JFK airport, where you’ll land at a helipad near Terminal 8.
- There, an Uber car will take you to your departure terminal.