In the midst of the COVID-19 epidemic, which has flooded all social media and news outlets internationally. there are some positive updates on the pandemic as well.
With the aim of progress and hope, Addicted To Progress has compiled a list of hopeful/positive headlines on the coronavirus response from around the world.
1. Wuhan Closes Last Makeshift Coronovirus Hospital As China's Infection Rate Falls
The last of a dozen makeshift hospitals in China's Wuhan where the coronavirus outbreak began, officially closed Tuesday in a sign that authorities' efforts to curb the virus are working.
2. India Health Ministry Recommends Anti-HIV Drug Combination Lopinavir-Ritonavir For Fighting Coronavirus
The Union Health Ministry has recommended the use of anti-HIV drug combinations Lopinavir and Ritonavir on a case-to-case basis depending upon the severity of the condition of a patient having coronavirus infection. In its revised guidelines on the 'Clinical Management of COVID - 19' issued on Tuesday, the ministry recommended Lopinavir-Ritonavir for high-risk groups patients aged above 60, suffering from diabetes mellitus, renal failure, chronic lung disease and are immuno - compromised.
According to a health ministry official, a committee of experts comprising doctors from AIIMS, experts from National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and WHO among others revisited the treatment guidelines and recommended supportive treatment in patients suffering from coronavirus infection. The ministry also recommended Lopinavir-Ritonavir for symptomatic patients having hypoxia, hypotension, new onset organ dysfunction (one or more), increase in creatinine by 50 per cent from baseline and any other organ dysfunction among others.
3. South Korean researchers discover antibodies for COVID-19
South Korean researchers discover neutralizing antibodies for COVID-19 providing clues for vaccine development
4. Distilleries Across The United States Are Making Their Own Hand Sanitizers To Give Away For Free
View this post on Instagram
Due to the recent reports of outages and low supply in our community, We have decided to provide hand sanitizer free of charge to anyone in need. Made with aloe vera gel and 95% ethanol. This is no substitute for washing your hands but in a pinch it will get the job done. Available at the Distillery starting March 12th at 5pm. If you have a container please bring it and we will be happy to fill it!
5. Air Pollution Decreased In Cities With High Rates Of Quarantine
Satellite readings of air pollution levels over China and Italy show that the regions hit hardest by the COVID-19 have also caused air pollution levels to decline dramatically.
6. Researchers From John Hopkins Explore The Possibility That Antibodies From Recovered COVID Patients Could Help Protect People At Risk .
7. University of Queensland (Australia) Developing Vaccine For Coronavirus
Scientists from the University of Queensland are confident they'll be able to develop a vaccine for the deadly coronavirus.
8. UBER Eats And GrubHub Waive Delivery Fees During Coronavirus Quaratine Period
9. Canadian Health Minister Announces $27M for COVID-19 Research
10. First Experimental Vaccine Shot Given To Volunteer in COVID-19 study in US
U.S. researchers administered the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine. With a careful jab on a healthy volunteer's arm, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute began an anxiously-awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine. Even if the research goes well, a vaccine wouldn't be available for widely use for 12-18 months, according to the U.S.
National Institutes of Health. The trial vaccine, code-named mRNA-1273, was developed by the NIH and Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna Inc.
There's no chance participants can get infected from the shots because they don't contain the coronavirus itself. Kaiser Permanente screened dozens of people, looking for those who have no chronic health problems and aren't currently sick. Participants are paid 100 U.S. dollars for each clinic visit during the study.
GOOD NEWS NETWORK (SOURCE)
SHOP ON ATP STORE